Psychotherapist Peta Kingston
- Registered Psychotherapist
- Diploma of Teaching, Auckland 1978
- Diploma of Psychosynthesis Counselling, Auckland 1996
- Diploma of Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy, Auckland 1999
- National Certificate of Adult Education, Auckland 2002
- NZAC Certificate in Supervision, Auckland 2009
Peta has worked as a counsellor and psychotherapist since 1995 and as a supervisor since 2007. She has an abiding belief that everyone is capable of life-enhancing choices, and that we are all on a quest for healing, wholeness and completeness.
Peta sees her role as empowering clients in their own version of that quest, which is essentially an ongoing, creative act. “I seek to provide a space for exploration,” she says. “The therapist doesn’t have the answers; the client does. My role is to walk alongside each client on their journey of discovery, suggesting promising places to look, questions to ask, and engaging in a conversation about what the client sees.”
Part of the task may be recognising and transforming old, ingrained patterns that have become hidden from us, and may no longer serve us.
She has a background in teaching and agriculture and is the mother of two adult daughters.
In addition to her private practice, Peta is a respected group facilitator, supervisor and adult educator.
Therapy & Counselling Work - Skills & Interests
- Life transitions
- Grief and loss
- Stress management
- Anxiety and depression
- Jungian and transpersonal studies
M: 021 265 8039
Ph:09 625 4381
Locations: Epsom and Royal Oak
P: 09 625 4381